At Seven Hills, we recognise that the personal development of our students plays a central role in their ability to learn and achieve their full potential. As such, the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) education of our students is at the heart of our Seven Hills ethos.
We believe that our students cannot learn effectively unless:
- they are happy and secure.
- their individuality is respected.
- their differences are celebrated.
- their difficulties are understood.
- their interests are extended.
- their talents are developed.
For this reason the SMSC development of our students is as important as their academic development. We aim to provide learning and social environments rich with opportunities for students to shine and which enables them to explore and develop their own:
- Values and beliefs.
- Spiritual awareness.
- Understanding of right and wrong and making good choices at school and in the wider community.
- Positive and caring attitude towards others.
- Awareness of their rights as an individual and responsibilities within their community.
- Experiences of having a voice and contributing to the school community.
- Understanding of their social and cultural roots.
- Appreciation of the diversity and richness of their own culture and the cultures of others
The following areas will give you a flavour of the diverse range of some SMSC opportunities that our students participate in:
Student Support Workers
Curriculum themed Golden Days
After School Clubs